Friday, March 28, 2008

Vogue is Racist, Sexist, and Probably Isn't Big on Gays

Well, apparently, the LeBron James/Gisele Bundchen cover of Vogue is "racially insensitive"

Here it is.


"James strikes what some see as a gorilla-like pose, baring his teeth, with one hand dribbling a ball and the other around Bundchen's tiny waist."

I can't help but agree here. I can't believe how 'racially insensitive' this magazine is!!

At first I thought that they should just have put a different picture on the cover - until I saw the other options!!

I mean, look at this one!


It doesn't even have any black people in it at all!!! Apparently this photo was taken just after the photographer suggested that a black person be included in the shoot, and just before they simultaneously responded, "Are you fucking kidding me???"

Here are some other LeBron/Gisele shots.


This one (above), incredibly, shows Gisele 'holding down' LeBron as if to say, "I am white, I am better than you, and I will over-power you and push you down".


While they're not speaking, this photo speaks louder than words.

Gisele - "Look at my breasts! And while you're doing that, I'm going to pull this ball away from you because I control you!!"

LeBron - "I got my own ball n****!"

Also, more subtle, but no less blatantly racist is the shape that Gisele is contorting to. What does it look like?? Well, it looks like the 'greater than' sign (>). This picture, translated to words clearly says, "White > Black", and well, that's just not ok.


I'm really not sure what this picture depicts. One thing I am sure of though, is that it offends me to the very core of my being.

Now, on to the sexist pictures.


The man (on the right) is ahead of the woman, one step in front. She's trying desperately to catch up, to be equal, but the sexy cheerleader outfit has too much wind resistance and it's pulling her back. That's right, the sexy cheerleader stereotype is preventing the woman from being equal to the man.


This one, well, it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how this may be considered sexist. I could make up something up about him carrying her off to have sex with because he owns her or something, but I don't really think I have to make that up. It really does depict that. Disgusting, utterly disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment