Friday, January 27, 2006

I hate Oprah

I'll admit it, I bought a book. I even started to read it, but in true Paul's Book Club fashion, I haven't finished it, and I'm not sure I will. I'm not saying it's not good, I just can't read.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Anyways, there seems to be some controversy over some of the details of this book.

Now, this book is all about how he overcame his addiction to drugs and alcohol and blah, blah, blah everyone feels good at the end and maybe we all feel a little more confident in our own abilities to overcome obstacles that seem insurmountable. So someone decides to look into whether or not the author actually spent 3 months in prison at some point in the past and they find out that he didn't. Who fucking cares? It has nothing to do with the main point of the story and I think anyone who feels that the rest of the book is tainted because he said he spent time in prison is, well, a moron.

The author was on Larry King a few weeks back and Oprah called in and was supportive, now she's saying she feels duped and betrayed. Make up your damn mind Oprah!

A sometimes angry, sometimes tearful Winfrey asked Frey why he "felt the need to lie."

He's a fucking drug addict Oprah! He has flaws. One used to be snorting massive amounts of cocaine, now, he lies. It's an improvement, I'd say.

So, in short, the guy wrote a book, maybe embellished a few points and tried to get it published. Someone agreed to publish it as a memoir. What is he going to say? "No? I made up half a page about spending time in prison?" Hell, I'd write just about anything if I thought I was going to get published. Like that time I had sex with Jennifer Aniston and Kate Beckinsale in the same night. They'll deny it, and Oprah will call me a liar, but, my perception of things is that it happened. Or maybe I just masturbated to an episode of Friends right after Pearl Harbour. Either way, that would make for some damn fine reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment