Monday, August 02, 2004

The Village

Well, before I start, I'd like to say that the butler did it. It's pretty obvious when you think about it...

Anyways, I think this movie is best summed up by some dude who was sitting behind us in the theatre:

"This movie is so gay."

(Keep in mind, that's from some teenage dude at the movie theatre. I wouldn't necessarily describe a heaping pile of crap as being gay.) I'm tired of M. Night Shyamalan's slow moving, 'thrillers' with bad acting and terrible writing that rely on an interesting twist at the end to make the movie half-way decent. I think Mr. Shyamalan should come up with the idea, then let a competent person write the script. Seriously, people were laughing at parts that were supposed to be serious, which, some people find annoying, but I couldn't help it, it was so dumb. He should have stopped at The Sixth Sense. His 'trademark endings' are growing a little weak too, especially because we all know it's coming, and we spend the whole movie trying to figure it out. I will admit though, that this movie has one of the freakiest scenes I've ever seen in a movie...followed, of course, by a stupid one, just to even it out.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, 1 being Van Helsing, I give The Village a whopping 3, just because that one scene almost made me scream like a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment