Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Paul's Book Club (Not to be confused with Oprah's)

Don't read a book today!
This is a little different than Oprah's club. I haven't read this book, nor do I plan on ever reading it. Join my club, don't read this book!

Well, I've finally gotten around to not reading the third book of my club. It took me longer than I expected to not read that last one, so I hope you're all caught up.

Book #3 is "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway. Or as I'd prefer to call it, "A Farewell to Consciousness". Having trouble sleeping?? Pick up a book by Hemingway.

The first indication that this book is a good one not to read is this:

Ha!


How shitty does it have to be for the LIBRARY to not want it??

Leave it to Ernest Hemingway to make a book about war unreadable. Or I should say, I imagine it would be unreadable as I haven't actually read it. How many. Short sentences. Can someone read. Before they want. To kill someone?

One good thing about this book is that it gives you a list of other books not to read on the back.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


(I know it's hard to read...it's late, and I'm not going to try to make it better.)

I read "The Sun Also Rises" and it basically sucked. I'm not going to make that mistake again. Join my club, don't read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment