Friday, May 20, 2005

Athlete and Snow Patrol

Haven't heard of them? I'm not surprised. Why did I pay money to go see them you ask? Well, for the exact same reason that I bought their cds. I have too much money. That and this -

1. Athlete - Wires

This is a great song, and because I don't generally listen to lyrics (mainly because they don't tend to make much sense, or they're just drivel with awkward rhymes that some moron threw together to complete a crappy song) I never realized how good this song really is. It's not about some girl he's trying to impress and/or sleep with, it's about - well, maybe I won't say. I'll force anyone who really cares to go look it up and appreciate it for yourself. Then you can go buy the cd and listen to the rest of it. It's all good.

2. Snow Patrol - Run

This is one of those rare songs that I just instantly really, really liked. Snow Patrol in general, I'd say is a pretty mediocre band, but Run might just be one of my favourite songs.

For a better review of the show, read my sister's entry and remember, even mediocre British bands are better than good North American ones.

We in Canada have a holiday on Monday, and I'm taking today off, so have fun at work, suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment