Sunday, June 27, 2004

What was that noise??

It was Jack Van Impe's head exploding! There's a new bible translation, it's called "Good as New"! I found it while perusing some other blogs that I occasionally read.

This translation is one of my favs:

Matthew 26:69-70

Authorized version: "Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, 'Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.' But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest."

New: "Meanwhile Rocky was still sitting in the courtyard. A woman came up to him and said: 'Haven't I seen you with Jesus, the hero from Galilee?" Rocky shook his head and said: 'I don't know what the hell you're talking about!'"


Ebonics: "Meanwhile Rocky wuz still sitting in da courtyard. A biotch came up ta him an' said: 'Haven't I seen ya wiff Jesus, da hero from Galilee?" Rocky shook his head an' said: 'I don' know what da hell you jivin' 'bout! Wha 'chew trippin foo?"

I translated it into ebonics as well, just for fun. Why "Peter" = "Rocky" I'll never know.

And you have to love this one:

1 Corinthians 7:8-7

KJV: "I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."

New: "If you know you have strong needs, get yourself a partner. Better than being frustrated."


Damn straight! Now that's a bible! I imagine this translation is going to anger some people, and maybe that's why I like it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment