Thursday, March 17, 2005

Paul's Book Club (Not to be confused with Oprah's).

Don't read a book today!
This is a little different than Oprah's club. I haven't read this book, nor do I plan on ever reading it. Join my club, don't read this book!

Book number 2 in my club is David Copperfield.

David Copperfield

First of all, it's not about a magician. That's right people, talk about false advertising. I'm all ready for some tips on making big things disappear and the hows and whys of walking through solid objects and such and all I get is -

"Following the life of David through many sufferings and great adversity, the reader will also find many light-hearted moments in the company of a host of English fiction's greatest stars including Mr. Micawber, Traddles, Uriah Heep, Creakle, Betsy Trotwood and the Peggotty family."

Not only is it abundantly clear that I'm not going to be learning any cool tricks, but also that I apparently know nothing about "English fiction's greatest stars". Traddles, Creakle and Betsy Trotwood?? WTF?

Another issue I have with this book is that it's really fat, it's over 700 pages!! (see below for scale)

It's fat

One thing going for it is that it does have pictures, just not nearly enough to make reading a 700 page book appealing.

Anyways, book #2 in my club is David Copperfield.

Don't read it!


Join my club, don't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment