Monday, March 14, 2005

What has 6 legs and sounds like it's been kicked in the groin??

I discovered the Bee Gees while on the airplane to Vietnam. They played that "Live by Request" over and over and now I'm hooked!

It's a double too!


Check that out! Not just one cd of the Bee Gees, but TWO!

Now, before you say anything, the Bee Gees weren't always about the disco, and they even sang in 'normal' voices where they didn't sound like they'd been kicked in the nuts. A good example is Holiday; it's a great song. Where that high pitched falsetto came from though, I'll never know.

Barry Gibb - "Hey Maurice, that new song "Stayin' Alive" is great, but it's missing something. Kick me in the nuts and we'll sing it again."

Maurice Gibb (shrugs) - "Ok."

Here are some before disco and after disco pictures that came with the cds.

Before DiscoAfter disco

Man, do they look gay. What were people thinking in the 70's? I'm glad I can't remember any of that.

To make a long story short, British music rules. Oasis, Radiohead, Catherine Wheel , Coldplay, Keane, and any number of others I can't think of right now are great. Who started it all you ask? Yup, you guessed it, The Beatles, the Beatles were awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment