Monday, April 12, 2004

Best 8-bit Nintendo Game

I came across a site talking about how you'd rate the top 5 8-bit Nintendo games. (I'd link to it, but I can't remember where it was.) Anyways, interesting topic, and I think my list would look something like this:

5. Super Mario Brothers. This was the first game I played with more than one level. Why would I take the warp to level 4 when I knew the castle was at the end of level 1? Princess isn't in that one. Outrageous.
4. Tetris. So simple, so addictive, so frustrating.
3. The Legend of Zelda. Huge world, no maps, lots of secrets and puzzles.
2. Baseball Stars. Best sports game I've ever played. Good graphics, great play control, build your own team, name all the players. Just press in reset when you shut off the power or it's all over but the crying. And trust me, there was crying.
1. Metroid. Best. Game. Ever. Hands down, the best game. Huge world, no maps, tons of secret passageways, cool characters, and you could get stuck in the lava between two huge pillars and not be able to get out. That's the kind of sadistic feature I'd put into a game, that and the annoyingly long password.

No comments:

Post a Comment