Saturday, May 22, 2004

I'm going to sue Curves because I'm a man, and then if I win, I'm never EVER going to go there, because, well, it's for women....

I was reading one of David's posts on Tainted Glass and I think we should leave Curves alone.

The Ontario Human Rights Code says,

Every person has a right to equal treatment with respect to services, goods and facilities, without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or disability.

Now, I'm going out on a limb here by saying that, wherever there is a Curves in Ontario, there is an equally good gym for men (I'm not looking them up, I don't care that much). This means that men don't need to go to Curves, and Curves shouldn't have to open their doors to men. If women want a place to exercise where there are only women and no men, then let them have it. There's no reason a man would need to go to Curves, so there's no reason for us to make a big deal about the fact that we can't. Except to 'prove a point', but if that's the only reason, you need a good smack-up-side-the-head.

No comments:

Post a Comment